Thursday, March 4, 2010

[Blog News] Crediting issue...


Hey readers,


I want to address an issue about crediting.


I've come across 4-5 blogs/channels (over a span of a week or two) that are taking my translations, which I'm completely okay with.

However, these sites are not crediting properly. It's not that they are crediting themselves but not adding credit at all also implies that they did it themselves, am I not right?


My greatest pet peeve is not crediting where credit is due (You may blame years of college writing classes for this).

It does not take long to add:

Credit: nincombooblovesoshi@blogspot


or even...

Credit: nin@SSF

--

Truth be told, it actually takes 1-3 hours to do translations which takes up a pretty good chunk of time and it's not really appreciated when someone takes 3 hours of translation and calls it their own when it only took them less than 5 mins to copy/paste it to their own site.


So basically, I just want to say that...

Yes, I do casually track my translations (they're fairly easy to find floating around other than my blog).

To those people who are not crediting (and essentially "stealing" my translations), please start to do so.

If this continues, it's unfortunate - but I will do less detailed translations, less translations all together, and maybe even not do them at all OR have limited-access to them.

--

I do these translations to help spread SoShi love to all international SONEs but I do not like to be used or taken for granted (I don't think anyone does).

--

Thanks for reading.


-nincomboob

1 comment:

  1. That sucks guys :\ You work really hard and especially with both of you attending college and so-forth, it really means a lot to all of us that you take the time out of your busy schedules to translate for korean-illiterate Sones like me XD. I don't know how to thank you both enough for your continuous updates and fantastic youtube channel and blog. I hope whoever is using your translations begins to give you the credit you both rightfully deserve. Whatever you guys decide to do, I'm behind you 100% GuyNin and GirlNin <3333

    ReplyDelete