Sunday, January 17, 2010

[Blog News] Updates and Feedback!


Hey everyone,

So it's been about a week since I opened the blog and I'm surprised at how many page hits and visitors that came through! I really appreciate it when I see big numbers like that. It makes me feel like it's worth going through and translating/summarizing stuff!

So if you haven't noticed, but over the past week I've been adding things here and there to the blog to help navigate and identify posts easily. I hope it's working out well for you guys.

I put in a small shoutbox so that everyone can talk and get to know each other and spazz about SNSD and Kpop!

And I also made it look a bit nicer with a blog header and unique individual headers for each post. Luckily, it didn't take too long to design/make each one, lol ^^;

---------------

There is still more things to be done to help enhance the experience here. With feedback from you readers, it will happen faster through polls and commenting!

So far it seems like you guys want to have a few screencaps... Okay, you got it! I'll post a few (probably around 5-8) screencaps starting next weekend. Though I must tell you, sometimes there might not be any because I'm short on free time.

---------------

The one major thing I want to get feedback from you guys quickly is how I can notify you when I post a new entry. A poll will be up soon to address the situation but also posting a suggestion or an idea in the comments would be nice!


So far, the only way to get notified when I post a new entry is from my announcements on YouTube. If you are a friend of mine or subscribed to me there, you can look through the "recent activity" tab through your subscription page or look directly at my YouTube channel!

---------------

To wrap it up, I want to say and also reiterate that:

- My recent updates have been pretty fast (posting translations the day/day-after the video is aired or downloadable) but I can't promise that I'll always be this fast. Afterall, I'm a college student!

- If you use any translations from the blog or my channel, please credit properly!

- My Korean isn't 100% fluent (more like...90%) but I have reliable resources.

- I'm doing this for fun and on my spare time.

- I realize that commenting can be a hassle (I'm guilty for not commenting too much myself) but it is always nice to see what you think about the certain happenings each episode that is translated or what you think about the blog or starting a conversation with other readers. It's all about community!
[edit] If you're not able to comment on blog entries, there's always the shout box! :)






That's it for now! :D
Thanks for reading!


-nincomboob

4 comments:

  1. Loving the new blog nin. You really are working hard on it! Your announcements for translations, how about making a video too, just something simple along the lines of "Summarized translation of ..." with a few screen caps and have your video link to the blog/blog entry? If you want, we can make a little announcement video on yoonyultv about your blog too :D let me know what you think <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's quite an idea! I'll add an option like that to the poll i'm going to make, and we'll see from there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi nin, I appreciate all the translations you've provided thus far :D About the notification thing... if it helps, I actually subscribe to your RSS feed so there's no need for you to do anything extra. I'm notified by my RSS reader every time you have a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sheepishism

    totally forgot about RSS feeds!

    thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete